I made my first quilt! It definitely has mistakes, most of which are obfuscated in my photos. I learned a lot from my mistakes:
- don’t baste a quilt with straight pins 🩸
- many safety pins!
- quilt in one direction to avoid tension lines
- choose a backing fabric that matches your thread for first projects
- match seams, duh!
- measure three times before cutting
- buy a squaring ruler and then use it
All that said, I’m happy with the result and look forward to snuggling under it for the rest of the winter!